Monday, July 2, 2012

Summiting Middle Teton

Someone had actually asked me last week if I would ever climb the Tetons, and my response was, "absolutely not.". :) Yet here I am! Some of our friends were going, and at first I was completely against the idea when I heard that crampons and ice axes were involved. The idea of summiting Middle Teton sounded terrifying to me. It's about the closest you can get to Grand, since to climb that you have to go to 2 months of snow school. But eventually, I decided that the only regrets you have are the things you didn't do. Climbing Middle was probably one of the most physically challenging things I've ever done, and I'm so happy I did! Sure I'm still insanely sore, and surprised that I didn't seriously injure myself while working through the boulder fields, carefully climbing up 1,300 feet for the last 3/4 of a mile, or making my way up the snow fields, but this is an experience I'll never forget :). Plus, it made preaching on Psalm 19 the next day a lot more real. The verse, "The heavens are telling the glory of God, the skies proclaim the work of his hands" comes alive on the top of a mountain. :)

1 comment:

  1. That is just pretty darn amazing! No, hard to deny the Lord's handiwork when you are overlooking all of it!

    Good for you for not giving in to fears!

    ReplyDelete