Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The Little Things

Sometimes it's the little things that can bring us inexplicable joy.  For me, joy lies in moments like: sitting in the sun with a really good book that I just seem to get lost in, getting (or giving) a really big hug that can only be described as a "bear squeeze", and riding bikes on a warm day with a cool breeze with friends who have some of the best smiles that you have seen in a while.


To be honest, it is breaking my heart every time I think about leaving.  Not because I'm not looking forward to being back in the United States and seeing all the people that I care so deeply for, but because I will have to leave the amazing people that have become my family here in Albania.  These girls here: Eda, Xheni, and Xhesika are my incredible sisters in Christ, and I thank God for getting the chance to meet them.  They have encouraged me in so many ways and made me feel loved every moment while living here.  I only hope that I have returned those feelings.


It's hard to imagine that Anna and I have been living in Albania for 7 months now.  However, everything just seems so natural here.  To simply put it, we're happy.  We love the city where we live, the friends that we have met, and all the coffee that is always available.  :)


Only three more weeks to relish in these little moments and find the joy that lies in them, and I'm looking forward to all of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment